TSPE Education Programs and Resources
TSPE’s Education Programs and Resources position the Society
squarely between the need of the engineering profession for a skilled
workforce, and the need of the education system for organized community
involvement. Our efforts began in 1967 when a group of forward thinking TSPE
members came together to form The Texas
Engineering Foundation (TEF).
TEF is a nonprofit organization dedicated to helping Texas’ children receive
the best science and math education possible. And since our inception, TSPE’s
programs have been publicly praised for their effective content and exemplary
Our mission and our message are the same – literacy is empowerment. And TSPE is
committed to helping resolve the crisis in math and science literacy in our
state. On our pages you will find a wealth of information for young
engineers-to-be, teachers and parents. We’ve provided information and links
about careers in engineering, materials for use in classrooms and after-school
programs, scholarship information and applications, challenging math and
science competitions, and other interesting sites.
Please click on the
links below to learn more:
Math and Science Teaching Resources
- Math Central Teaching resources for mathematics teachers, a question
and answer service for teachers and students, a mailing list for teachers
- NASA Quest Homepage of NASA's Award-winning Quest Team. Includes
Space Shuttle Landing to Launch series, All About the Sun series,
Aerospace Team Online, Space Team Online, Women of NASA, and more...
- FunBrain.com Math Baseball Improve your math skills. Fun game teaches addition, subtraction,
multiplication, division, and elementary algebra. For kids and children of
all ages and grades.
- MathForum Teacher's Place Math teaching resources built by and for teachers of
mathematics at all levels.
- A Science Odyssey General resource for primary and secondary science
teachers. Presents theories and theoreticians through games, quizzes, and
Learning Studio@The Exploratorium The Exploratorium's page for teachers, students and
science enthusiasts. The Learning Studio contains interactive exhibits,
science news, RealAudio interviews, at-home science activities, and
- Design Technology and Engineering
for America's Children A grassroots science-mathematics-technology teacher
education project for elementary school educators.
Fun Sites for Students
- Discover Engineering Online A site developed for kids in grades 6 – 9. This great
web site features almost endless links to games, downloadables, and
- Girlstart A great site for girls with brains and attitude
to learn and have fun.
- Math Circles Mathematical Circles are a form of
education enrichment and outreach that bring mathematicians and
mathematical scientists into direct contact with pre-college students.
- MathMovesU Raytheon’s
MathMovesU program is an innovative initiative designed to engage middle
school students in math and science through interactive learning programs,
contests, live events, scholarships, tutoring programs and more.
Science Snacks A
wide collection of activities and explanations designed to make learning
science fun. Students can learn to build things as interesting as a fog
chamber or a light polarizer.
- Yuckiest Site on the Internet This kids’ science entertainment site has sections on
the human body, worms and bugs. Each section features "Fun Facts” and
question-and-answer sessions with "Wendell the Worm.
- Coolmath.com A California instructor
presents a gallery of online math activities and games for all levels, and
on a number of math subjects. Includes selected links to information on
careers in mathematics and other fun math sites.
- Funbrain This site has all kinds of fun math and science